This two day workshop will enable students to choose materials and develop a consistent work-flow to produce large format inkjet negatives suitable for contact printing using a wide variety of ‘alternative’ photographic processes. Subjects covered include:
• Selecting appropriate inkjet printer and substrate combinations for printing digital negatives
• Determining base exposure time to secure maximum print black
• Determining negative colour to secure paper white
• Assessing print reflectance densities via densitometer, scanner and by eye
• Producing Photoshop curves to linearise inkjet output
• Producing a linearised inkjet negative and making a contact print
Inkjet Negatives for Alternative processes
2 day workshop with Peter Moseley
dates coming soon...
Positive image and digital negative
© Peter Moseley
What to bring
All materials will be provided, and you will be able to make cyanotype prints from your inket negatives.
You will need to email the tutor a selection of high resolution digital images in advance of the workshop. You can also bring additional image files on a memory stick or prints to scan during the workshop.